image

With impressive supporting cast list that include Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh I was excited to see the movie.

The first and second Mummy were not bad and I was hoping the same of the 3rd sequel. Somehow I feel the Tomb of the Dragon Emperor fell short compared to the past 2 movies. Sure there were plenty of movie special effects but with so many nowadays, movie-goers like me don't get impressed that easily anymore.

One thing that bothered me was that they replaced Evy with Rachel Weisz whom I just hate. Don't get me wrong. Her acting was great but she just didn't fit the character she was playing. She just didn't have the chemistry with Brendan Frasier.

Also the the father and son bit didn't convince. The romance between Rick's son and the 2000 year old Chinese girl didn't click.

Still, it's one of those movies you can watch for the special effects in which this movie is not short of.

If you came in with the expectations of the first 2 movies then you'll be a little disappointed.

1 comments

  1. torasham // September 8, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

    i really like this movie, but i really miss old mrs. O'Connel too..